Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bad Bicycle Designs Website

My old friend Gary Coffrin sent a link to a site by Charles Kelly of some of the worst bicycle designs in recent memory. You really need to check these out!
The interesting thing to me was the Alenax, which used levers rather than cranks to propel the bicycle. I remeber seeing these at the trade shows for years, but I don't know of any dealers who acually sold any.
Not exactly a new idea, as I have a poster from c.1909 with the very same concept.


Look familiar?



Again, this shows that there is very little that is truly new in the bicycle industry. Sometimes it takes a while for technology to catch up with concept (full suspension bikes were made in the late 1800's) and others are just plain wrong no matter the era...

No comments: