Saturday, December 20, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I just realized that it's been a while since I've added anything to the blog (some would argue that I have yet to add anything...), but today is my first day off at the roastery since my last entry. Even then, I was in the office for three hours today getting caught up on long-neglected maintenance there.


A highlight of the past few weeks was having my brother stop over on his way from Portland to the Bay Area. We hadn't seen each other for awhile and it was great to see him and his wife, Shelley again. Of course, the week he chose to drive down corresponded with our first major winter storm. So the usual 7 hour drive turned into more than 10 as he had to drive through rain, hail and snow to get here. We even had snow here, but it didn't stick.


We went to dinner at one of our favorite hang-outs, the Plaza Grill, where we shared a bottle of Seven Deadly Zins and a fabulous dinner.


Mike, Shelley, Charlie and me. Note the check is still sitting there...

Too early the next morning, we bid adieu to them as they had to drive another 7 hours to their son's house in Livermore. Charlie and I really have to get up Portland way to see their new house in person...

No comments: